Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The army should issue you knickers...

That was what a boyfriend I once had used say to me. He was an infantry soldier and his life revolved around the British army. He found it disconcerting when he saw me getting changed into my uniform that typically my bra and knickers would clash with the green of my uniform.

I should probably state now that he was handsome, shown himself to be quite brave, had a body you could die for and caring in his own way. He was the first bloke I really chased after and I considered him to be quite a catch. However his views on women in the army were kind of limited.

"the american army issue underwear" he said

"and it's horrible and none of them wear it" It was a small mercy that the British army was too cheap to follow the Yanks example.

"well it's more military" he sniffed

"I could do with some issued sports bras they cost a fortune"

"well you shouldn't wear stuff like that with uniform"

I'm not a hundred percent certain but I think I was wearing some pink briefs, they weren't sexy but they were feminine.

"nobody is going to know" I said

"i'll know and you'll know"

hhhmmm anywho I just let it go... but my ex's views on women in the british army were pretty much shared by a lot of men.

He wouldn't take orders from a woman.. though being in the infantry he was unlikely ever to have to. I asked him why once when he was a litle bit drunk and he said he couldn't take orders from anybody that had let a guy shove his cock in them.

Now that was interesting as in one go it covered both his rampant homophobia as well as his views on women.

"So you'd take orders from a female so long as she was a virgin" I asked

"do you know any" which I didn't

"What about if she was a lesbian"

"Well most of the half way decent women soldiers I've met have been lesbians"

"Thanks for that" I said

He reassured me that he did in fact think I was a good soldier, but then he just wanted to talk about lesbianism and which of my mates did I think would be up for a threesome.

Ah well...

Incidently is Hamish my only reader?

2 comments:

Paul said...

I am now your "follower," so to speak. I'd read it for the British slang, not to say the turn-on value.

I used to date an Army Reserve captain, though I don't think she had as much fun as you did!

sarah_rsl said...

yippee I now have a grand total of three plus hamish.. whatever his story is... It makes it all so worthwhile..