Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween... For me not a couples holiday..

I Left my husband off Halloween this year. It's not that he hates the whole giving out sweets to children that he likes... but my husband is very much into the Disney vision of Halloween whereas my mates and I have more the X rated vision and traditionally use Halloween as an excuse to let rip.

Last year we went to a mate of mines party... and hubby did not enjoy it. My mates are harmless really and actually quite like hubby, but it wasn't really his idea of a good time.

I think mainly it's down to our choice of costume. To be honest I've always used Halloween as a chance to try out clothing that I couldn't pull off at any other time. A mate of mine is really good at making clothes, she made me one costume from scratch which was a cavegirl's with scraps of leather and fabric placed strategically. The whole top part is basically just a push up bra with the straps removed. It comes in several pieces and takes ages to put on. There's not actually a lot to it, it stays in a shoe box when not in use!!. You can't actually wear knickers with it, without them ruining the whole thing , though all my bits are covered. with the bottom basically working as a kind of shorts/skirts.

Anywho hubby doesn't like it, he doesn't like any of my costumes but he hates that the most. He's quite honest about not liking guys looking at my boobs.

“but you can look at my mates boobs” I've told him

“no I don't” he told me

“but you can ... they want you to look” I've told him “tell them they look fabulous, it's not letching if you're upfront about it and give them a decent compliment”

“I don't want to look at their boobs”

“yeah you do you just choose not to”

“I really wish you'd wear undies”

“it ruins the costume, it's the one thing I've got that gives me cleavage”

He eventually came around but he didn't really enjoy the party, he always gets loads of attention from my mates (they really do find him fascinating) but it just makes him uncomfortable.

Ooh I almost forgot about the aggro last year when one of my mates boyfriends nearly had had a go at him, she was all over him (dizzy cow), and her fella got a bit worked up. Hubby was just looking at him vacantly like he was some kind of weirdo (which he was) in the end we threatened to show both of them the door.

It was kind of funny, she is a bit of a tramp anyway but it didn't mean anything to hubby. The strange thing about him is that I can trust him 100%. If he'd had the inclination he could have pulled anyone of a half dozen girls there, but he's just not wired up that way. Incidentally if you wonder about having mates that would shag my husband if he let them well... it's just their way...

So that was last year, this year I went by myself and my cave girl costume stayed at home. I have another one that my mate tailored which is a zombie one.. you know with the clothes ripped at strategic places, it was quite revealing as well I suppose but it did allow for the wearing of a bra and knickers ( which I made clear to hubby that I would be including in my ensemble).

So off I went and met the shocked expressions of my mates. Straight away they assumed I was up for hooking up with some bloke, and that somehow I had sneaked out on hubby they were a little shocked when I told them he was quite happy to let me go, and that my knickers were staying on for the night.

At the end of the day I'm in my thirties now I've done my whole slutty thing and I had fun but I've moved on though that's not to say I'm going to pass on the opportunity to dress up every now and again. I actually feel a bit sorry for my mates a lot of them are still hooking up with the same type of blokes they were 10 years ago. The type of guy that would make you afraid to drink too much cause you wouldn't trust him not to bum you when you're passed out (which happened to one of my mates last year) or take dodgey photos or invite his mates to have a go on you.

I enjoyed the party and the buzz and the flirting and didn't mind guys letching at me, but it's only good for one night and I can't base my entire social life around it any more. I think some of my mates are starting to realise it's getting old as well. They like the idea of having a decent bloke for a husband. Someone that'll drive several hours to collect you the next morning cause you can't face the train with a hangover.. like hubby.

I've told him that he would be able to pull the majority of my mates ( I get the impression he thinks I was a fluke) he doesn't really believe me though. I told him the cavegirl costume would remain in the shoebox for all time... which made him happy...

Then I made a joke (cause there has to be a ying yang) about if we ever have a daughter I can pass it on to here..... which didn't go down well..

No comments: