Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reading back over the various posts I've written . I was slightly surprised by how many reference my time in the army. I left nearly 2 years ago now and has my life been that boring that I've nothing else to talk about?

I joined the army as a teenager just after my sixteenth birthday and left shortly before my 28th. So its no surprise that it made up a huge chunk of my life.

So now I'm a housewife, Hubbie didn't have to try very hard to convince me that I didn't need to get another job. I think he quite enjoys the idea of my becoming an old fashioned housewife, I think he gets some pleasure from the fact that he's able to support me quite comfortably.

So am I losing out by not getting another career? and am I a weak person for not really desiring to work? I never actually had a job apart from the army I left school quite early with unspectacular exam marks so what would I be qualified for?. If there's no economic need for me to work and I don't have any particular self esteem issues attached to having a job then why should I?

I know that hubby's life has been going a lot better since I arrived on the scene, I think his recent success at work, his being more confidant and assertive is partly down to me. We have a new home which even though I just write the cheques while hubby makes the money is looking pretty spectacular. His life does go quite smoothly because I'm around during the day, In the next year or so we'll start trying for kids and then I'll be the proper housewife.

To be honest I was glad I left the army when I did, my career was going nowhere, stuff that was fun when I was 18 wasn't when I was 28. I do miss the lifestyle sometimes not so much the work. Living out of the back of a truck for weeks at an end or getting sent to some shithole in the desert for 6 months gets old after a while.

Anyway I think for now I'll have to continue to be an ex soldier untill I get properly settled into my new life.

No comments: